Hi Brenda: See, you're a newbie and you're already giving
good advice to newer newbies. Keep connected. The PIEnet is
WONDERFUL. Was recently at a symposium given by Yale
Movement Disorders Clinic, which I was interested in, both
as PWP and an RN, and they were very 'upbeat' re:
Parkinson's. I think there is much optimism in the PD
community about promising new treatments/a potential cure.
And I always tell new people I meet about the wonders of
the List.
                     Carole H.

Brenda wrote to Joe:
Welcome to the group. I'm a newbie too...just 1.5 yrs. from
diagnosis, and
trust me, I have been scared to death many times.  I would
then just give
myself permission to stop reading the article or book I was
on until I could
handle it.  Now, I think I've accepted what the future
might have in store for
me and note the emphasis on "might."  For, I,  like Michael
Fox, am confident
that they WILL find a cure for this disease in the not too
distant future.
Meanwhile, I've learned to accept my drug regimen which I
can't believe I'm
actually doing!!  Time was, all I'd ever take was an
occasional aspirin!

=====