Hi Murph-- I don't recall anyone saying that there could/should be NO
refererences to prayer---I believe the discomfort is with anyone promoting
a PARTICULAR religion, whether it be Christianity, Judaism, Buddism, Bahai,
or Totem worship.......whatever.   We who are Christians have to remember
that we are not the only "believers" on this list, which embraces the
world.  This is not the proper forum for evangelizing for ANY belief
system.  Charlie and others have said it well.  I would urge anyone who
wishes to circulate "specific" religious material to make up his/her own
sublist, noting others who are interested, and not put that material on
PIEN---or any other list devoted to PD matters.  If anyone wants to ask to
be included in prayers, or offer to pray for someone, I see no problem,
since I think ALL approaches to the "Divine" provide for that in some
manner!

>To totally remove religion from this listing is ludicrous. To do so is to
>eliminate the greatest medication available to those of us who are
>believers. As I said in an earlier post, this listing should not be used
>to promote a particular religion, but I see nothing wrong with promoting
>prayer. If one chooses not to participate, that is their choice. To deny
>others is ridiculous. A bit of tolerance wouldn't hurt. FWIW
>
>P.S. would you deny others sinemet because it doesn't work for you?
>
>murph 57/9

        Camilla Flintermann                                      Oxford,OH

                        We agree to differ...
                                we resolve to love...
                                                   we  unite to serve.