I must admit I am confused by the topic of religion and the topic of God
and the topic of Prayer.

God or gods have a very long history of many many definitions, they may
range from the Sun, to nature's laws, to the symbolism of animals and great
spirit. These definitions, by their very nature, are expressions of Man to
define the world as he sees it, and even to make sense out of it.

Religion is the process that Man feels through which he will obtain special
consideration from his appointed Object of great Power. Often Man is unsure
of his own definitions of God or gods and religion, the process. To cope
with this confusion he must not only believe that his specific belief
system is the right one, but most convince others that the right one is
what is to be believed and practiced, even if it means the killing of those
that sincerely believe another way. This is another example of "devotion"
and  hopefully will bring reward from the projected Power.

The use of Prayer is then the specific means by which Man further validates
his connection to the Power he has created, thereby giving Man the
"Validation" that he needed in the first place. Something really cares
about ME, and that is very important, and requires relatively little effort
to express.

Where I get confused is why not just be respectful of everyone's own
expression to connect, and in that way we can look upon one another as
another like me ?