Jacpb.
I had my STN done Aug 10th of this year.  I can honestly say the surgery was
not al that bad -long but not bad and the recovery times  is minimal.  How
soon you could be back to work I would think not that long.  My question
would be how many STN's have been done  by the surgeon and who follows up
with you afterwards.  This is important because the process of getting your
setting right is sometimes long and tedious.  I still haven't gotten my
setting right.  Just do your homework and look at all the aspects.  As for
insurance I was covered by Medicare and my husbands insurance picked p the
result

'good luck.

Marty Rose