Dear Jacob,

I had one of the first DBS STN, not that I'm bragging I told them I didn't
want to be first,  come to find out I was third.

Anyway ever since, I have been trying to help others get through it and
some of those I'm trying to help aren't doing very well.  I wish I knew how
many are doing as well as I am.

I am doing great, no tremor, balance improved and I no longer have to take
any sinemet which is the highlight of the whole event.  I do have some
dystonia in the toes of my left foot.  Anyway the only way you would ever
get me to go back for more surgery would be if I reached the end of the
rope again, the bottom of the barrel, the end of the line.

I would like to congratulate you and the bride on your upcoming wedding.
We all wish you the best.

>Yeah, yeah, I know, it's been forever and a day since you last heard from me.
>My life, in many ways has gotten better. I have a caring fiance - to become
>my wife on December 11th. And in some ways, I have gotten a lot weaker.
>It seems that this darned disease robs ever the youngest among us of our
>strength.
>I have been looking into the opportunity of deep brain stimulation,
>specifically of the STN.
>My doctors and I think I would be a candidate for it. And the Marshfield
>clinic here in Wisconsin is doing them now.
>Can anyone offer me any advice on this procedure e.g. how to get into a
>program, what it entails, what it might cost me (my insurance), time off of
>work?
>
>God bless you all,
>Jacob Drollinger
>29/11