Hi Brian,

You wrote :

>  As far as my case goes, T see no involvement of levodopa. My usage
> of it has been stable for years, at 800 mg/day (I also take Permax, and
> this I increase steadily by half a tablet every 6 months to counter my
> deterioration. Recently I went up from 5 1/2 to 6 x 1mg Permax per day
> quite high, but I think that if anything, it is probably the on-coming
> point where vitually all the natural dopaminergic cells are dead and I
> must rely on the tablets that has started the distonia.

If all the natural dopaminergetic cells are dead how could be explained that
after a surgery such as a Palidoctomy may eliminate , or reduce , the need of
levodopa and do the same with many of the symptoms of  PD  ??

Best ,

   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+