Last week my neurologist was babbling (and he doesn't babble) about PD
research and news he'd recently heard from several different drug company
representatives he uses to search for and bring research papers for him and
report on different things they've heard and can show. He thinks that within
the next (very) few years there will be medications which can halt  PD; or
an out right cure for it. He said a much greater amount of money is going to
be poured into research because of all the attention being given PD. Such
news should be cause for a brighter outlook.

Maybe the greater number of PWPs due to we baby-boomers will be the cause.
If it is not stopped here, just think how many gen-Xs there will be for the
insurance companies and governments to take care of. It simply can not be
afforded or tolerated any longer.

I decided that I'm going to be like my friend's grandmother who was told by
the doctor that she had cancer and replied, "No thank  you, "  and she set
her mind to it, and after a while really did beat the cancer. I decided "No
thank you," I decline to have PD, it will not progress and I am going to
cure it; I have felt much better. AND NO ONE HAD BETTER BURST MY BALLOON!
 :-))  I like it like this.    the Dog's maid, Sue

Subject: Re: re mirapex- Sir James
Maiden Sherry wrote:

Dear Sir,
I am also a cry baby!!!  I just joined the list recently and find it very
helpful...sometimes.  I am in the early stages and am lucky enough to be
able to still do most things.  Sometimes I find that I am depressed by the
future
and reading all the posts from people suffering more than me with this
disease doesn't cheer me at all....