A couple of days ago I opened a URL which was in a posting from Tourbus
and was in a post from Janice Paterson to this list. The Url was
supposed to be a fix  to prevent Bubble Boy from accessing Microsoft
files. When I downloaded this fix my system (Windows 98 and Netscape 4.7
) my system froze at the end of the download. I had to manually turn my
computer off to re-boot. When it booted up I could not run most of the
short cut icons, I  got an error that my User files were deleted, all of
my bookmarks were gone (200-300) and the default folders were
reinstalled, all of my address book entries were deleted and I had to
spend over an hour with an Earthlink support rep to get things working
again. I hope this hasn't happened to any one else on the list.
Does any one know if Norton's Disk Doctor can restore these files? Or
any other inexpensive program?