 While I received many positive responses to my question about taking the
discussion of religion off list I agree with Bob,  Janet and those who
supported  the subject  on list with a subject heading RELIGION.

 I was trying to be sensitive to those who objected to the subject and the
opinions of others who differered  with them and might be driven away from
the list. But with the use of list filters either at the list or the home
level this can be unnecessary as long as people use them or appreciate that
the expression of views sometimes counter to one's own does not mean that
they are being persecuted or shut up either as relgious zealots or as
antireligious zealots.  This list can be an open forum for the serious
discussion of all issues which PWP have as long as we don't take offence and
leave- or feel overwhemed and leave- and decrease significantly the number
of PWP who feel able to participate.

 (I think SPARKLE is a different situation where that list consists
primarily of banter- which has been reduced considerably on this list as a
result- yet has allowed free expression of creativity without peopole
needing to self-censor.   I belong but if my box gets too full I delete it
without reading it.)

 I support the topic of RELIGION on the list and hope no one will be driven
away from the list by my (or others) less than popular  views on the
subject.

Charlie

Charles T. Meyer, M.D.
Middleton(Madison) WI