Tina, I'm on Amantadine, Sinemet and now recently he added Mirapex at
night for restless leg syndrome.  Since I've been on it, I rarely think
about taking my Sinemet.  It's miraculous for me!  First time I was
prescribed it, however, I ended up with edema (swollen ankles) so he took
me off it.  I realized  later my dosage then was 1.5 mg twice a day (This
was before I was on Sinemet.) and now I'm only on .25 mg. once a day
(p.m.).

So, reluctantly, due to the ankle swelling, I was taken off the Mirapex
and went on Sinemet, but now I'm hopeful I can get  off the Sinemet
entirely and just increase the Mirapex dosage slightly.  I see my
neurologist about this tomorrow.  (I am 60 by the way, so I don't know if
my case is anything like your much earlier onset.)  I've not had any
problems falling asleep at the wheel, although at times I've gotten mighty
drowsy on my way to work, but figured it was lack of caffeine which I'm
also cutting out.

Good luck, sometimes it takes a while for these drugs to do their work.

Cheers,

Brenda