Hello,
My name is Linda. I have signed on because my 79 year old mother has PD and I
need to learn more about it. I am just beginning my research and really know
little of the practical side of PD....other than to locate this list and
websites. If I may ask...

1. Is it common to have trouble finding the right combination of drugs and
the right doses? Does the illness change that fast so that as soon as a
change in the drugs seem to be working, she has a few good days, and then
worsens...or reacts to the drugs? She lives in NYC and has access to good
doctors, the American PD Foundation in Staten Island, and two support groups,
but although her doctor says it's under control, I see a marked worsening in
spurts and inconsisent control of her movements. (I know it is normal to get
worse as the dose wears off.)

2. She will be visiting me in southern New Jersey soon, for three weeks. Is
there anyone out there who lives in the Delaware Valley, preferably in the
Camden or Burlington County area, who could be "a phone call away," if my Mom
has a rough day. She is active in support groups at home and won't have that
down here.

3. Is there a chatroom, preferably monitored by medical staff, on the
internet for PD people that I can sign her onto when she visits?

Thank you, Linda