Sir James:  we are all scared to some degree.  Continual input seems to wear
off the sharp edge of fear as time goes by.  I was diagnosed 1/98, and feel
much less afraid than at the beginning.  One adapts, believe it or not.   As
requip, I finally would not change my  lifestyle to "sleep off" every dose
and
my MDS/Neuro agreed,   so I phased out of Requip, and  gradually started on
Sinemet 25/l00 CR.  I'm still working out the kinks, meaning my dosage has
not been fine-tuned to provide the very best results, but I'm getting closer.
Yesterday I felt flu-like symptoms, syncope, mild nausea, so didn't eat.
Failed to take my 5 p.m. Sinemet, and did FINE without it.  A vital clue!
Good luck to you.
Clare Wilson