Hi Phil, good to hear from you! I really enjoyed meeting you and all the
others in Virginia.

> We also informed the directors at the assisted care living facility
> where my mother is a resident about the B12 calcium connection. My
> mother suffers from dementia and takes Oscal three times a day. We'll
> have to see if switching her to Calcium Citrate will have any affect.

If there is a connection between her dementia and B12, it would be far
better that she have regular B12 shots. A lab test should be able to
determine a deficiency; however, some physicians order B12 shots if they
suspect a deficiency. If the dementia has not progressed too far, B12
may reverse it. I will hope for good results for your mother.

Best regards,
Kathrynne
--

Kathrynne Holden, MS, RD
Medical nutrition therapy for Parkinson's disease
Author: "Eat well, stay well with Parkinson's disease" pub USA
and Australia; "Parkinson's disease: assessing and managing unique
nutrition needs;" "Risk for malnutrition and bone fracture in
Parkinson's disease." J Nutr Elderly. V18:3;1999.
http://www.nutritionucanlivewith.com/