on 11/10/99 7:50 AM, bob armentrout at [log in to unmask] wrote:

> I've been told i look
> very disturbing, but - when i am in this state, i am relatively pain free,
> unlike the rest of the time. coming out of it is painful, but whhen it looks
> the worst, i hurt the least.  You may find you have similar feelings when
> you get to thay point

fwiw, my foot curling is not painfull if i am 'relaxed'
if the contracted muscles do not spasm - twist into 'charley horse'

my conjectures include one that perhaps this early morning event has
difference depending upon random factors as well as whether i have taken my
first levodopa dose soon enough that it is functioning in the peripheral -
id est, the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems sufficiently to
let the central nervous  system know that the curl has come about

if the feedback to the central nervous system does not function well enough,
the conntracted muscles contract further - giving the spasm - which hurts
like hell until the 'twist' is loosened

hope this is worth something to have been read
ron
Ron Vetter 1936, '84 PD dz
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.ridgecrest.ca.us/~rfvetter