Welcome to the group. I'm a newbie too...just 1.5 yrs. from diagnosis, and
trust me, I have been scared to death many times.  I would then just give
myself permission to stop reading the article or book I was on until I could
handle it.  Now, I think I've accepted what the future might have in store for
me and note the emphasis on "might."  For, I,  like Michael Fox, am confident
that they WILL find a cure for this disease in the not too distant future.
Meanwhile, I've learned to accept my drug regimen which I can't believe I'm
actually doing!!  Time was, all I'd ever take was an occasional aspirin!

Just try to stay in the "now" and enjoy or treasure  life as  is for you now.

I'm not getting much done these days beside reading these e-mails, but I've
learned so much.  It's always comforting to know that there are many others out
there rooting for you.   The compassion I've felt from some of you has been so
nourishing, I can't even begin to tell you how much.

As some of you know, I've had my job "eliminated" where I work, effective
year's end, and today was the day I interviewed for the only .5 FTE position
available at Kaiser I feel  I could handle...  I came away feeling they will
find every excuse not to hire me, even though my riff status should give me
priority.
They're saying it will be the end of Dec. before they have an answer for me.
I'm panicking cuz I can't wait that long!  Was really getting down on myself
until I came on line and started reading the posts.

Cheers,

Brenda