I AM APPALLED!
APPALLED ASHAMED AND DISGUSTED!
APPALLED at the treatment ivan is getting at the hands of his local government
ASHAMED  that no one else has even commented on ivan's situation
DISGUSTED that such a situation could be allowed to exist

As the song says:
"we learned our government must be stromg
it's alewsys right and never wrong
our leaders are the finest men -
and we elect themm agnin and again.......NOT!!!!!

How can they claim that Ivan had that money - it clearly went to pay for the
house. If the money was  there, then the  house couldnt be there, and there
wold be nothing to tax! and vice versa, if the house is there, then the money
cant be there....      Q E D

this is an example of man's inhumanity to man. Do any of yeu know what it is
like to be foreclosed. I do.My husband deserved it. But did I? Or my three
small children? In our case there was a reason - my husband, unknowan to me ,
hadnt been paying the mortgage.  And even then he staved off the final
judgement for two years. And we were talking about significant amounts of
money -  in the tens of thousands -  that we owed. In Ivan's case we are
talling about $ 1400! If every member of this list sent one dollar, he'd have
400 left over for living expenses. No, i'm not asking you to send any cash, ,
because
a  i dont believe in soliciting money  like that
b  i dont think the City of Portlazd has the righit to the money.
i merely quote those figures to try and make real to you how little it really
is that  he owes - they say - and yet how unatttainable. And it seems that
justice is just as unattailable.
in some states, ivan would not be required to pay property taxes - his
disability status would ensre  him of that. but the main point here is,  they
are basin their claim on a su of money that exists pureesly in their
imaginiiation. beause if that money exists, thesn the house doesnt. In which
case - there is nothing to tax. So, city of prtland - take your choice - you
cant have it both ways!

hilary blue