Hi there,
I apologise as I did not pick up on your original letter but I gather
you are recently diagnose. I assume you are only on Requip at the
moment. Does your tiredness seem to peak at a certain time after taking
medication? If so it is probably due to your meds. and probably can be
adjusted by your Neurologist. One of Psrkinsons little tricks is to saps
one strengthsomedays I feel just exhausted all day. This is a symptom of
PD yes and I do get the overwhelming feeling that if I do not lay down I
should fall down with exhaustion and it seems a mere 5 to 10 minutes of
lying down will cxompletely take it away and I am ready to carry on with
whatever I was doing. Nap attacks are completely different you do not
know it is happening until the split second that it takes and you come
back into the big wide world.It must only occur over a split second as I
have fallen of my chair in front of my old Cow "Gateway"or hit my head
against the screen but I come to and feel as if nothing has happened.
The sleep study showed I never reach REM stage of sleep and am now on
Klonopin 1 at night I certainly am sleeping for more than a couple f
hours at a time and feel more with it in am.I have only been taking it
for a week so a bit early to tell but I still getting the sleepy feeling
about 3 pm and 6pm that points a set time after taking PDMeds whuch are
Sinemet Sinemt CR EldeprylMirapex.I feel have increased since
Mirapex.Thepoint now is to define which of these is causing my nap
attacks?? the 64,000question of the week Hang in there once youbecome
aware of all the symptoms of PD if yu have a god Neuro will bw able
toset up a good meds regimn. Good Luck
Margaret 48/12/60  and thank the Lord with a very strict meds, program
an excellent neuro and the love and help from my family I still can be a
wife mother and nana to them all.