janet paterson wrote:

> hi all
>
> At 07:03 1999/11/11 -0800, bob wrote:
> >HELP my 'spell check' evidently keeps changing OFF LIST to 'offsets'.
> >Hoopoe this goes through. I'll disable spell check...
>
> LOL!
> i wonder what your spell checker makes of "Hoopoe" !?

That's what happens when I disable my spell check  :-(

> [btw
> i think there must be a way
> to force your spell checker to stick with "OFF LIST" as typed
> rather than letting
> it force you to accept its 'suggested' alternate of "OFFSETS"]
>
> so, back to the drawing board,
>
> you wrote:
> >This might be a good time to remind list members that you can
> >send an off list mail to the 'From' address in the message header
> >(In most cases).
>
> how does that technique work?
> you are using Netscape and Windows 98 for E-mail, right?
>
> do we all know how to 'copy and paste' windows-style?

Yes I use Netscape and Windows 98. when I get mail the 'From' is in
hyper-text, I can high-light it and copy and paste it to a new message or
I can click on it, add it to my address book and then select it for the
new message. ( If Microsoft has such a monopoly, how come there are so
many ways to do things on a computer? )
"Confused in California"
Bob Chapman