Hello Janet,
Many thanks for your wonderful archive search on SDS/MSA. I'm requesting
those post when I send this of, so haven't read them yet.

My brother-in-law has just been diagnosed with MSA and I would like to get
more info on this.

I'm particularly interested in finding out how MSA is diagnosed without
having specific tests.  In my bro-in-law's case his neuro feels his progress
is more rapid than it should be, hence it must be PDplus.

I am not sure of his medication regime and don't want to pry.  He does take
Sinecarb and Tasmar.
Of late he has a lot of trouble with falling(&difficulty getting up again)
and extreme frequency (urination). The latter to the degree that he feels
that he passes more
liquid than he takes in and feels as if he is being drugged with a diuretic.

He has no fulltime caregiver at this stage. His wife works fulltime. We live
longdistance from him, but I try and be supportive by phone and feel a need
for more knowledge.
    With thanks and love to all, from Erika.