Well said as usual Charlie...   :-)

In a Democracy the Nation keeps apart religious matters from State matters (such
as Education, Justice, etc. ) . In Nations where the State  are ruled by
religious norms of a given religion (ex: modern Afghanistan and Iran etc.) are
no longer considered to be in a Democracy but in a Theocracy system of
government as you well know .

Let's wish that our List keeps on his "democratic" state of mind ....  :-).

Cheers ,

   +----| Joao Paulo de Carvalho   |------ +
   +--------| Salvador-Bahia-Brazil |------+