In a message dated 11/12/99 5:37:31 PM Mountain Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 I have a roofing question. We need to replace our 14+ year old cedar shake
 roof and need to know what to look for in materials (composites, no more
 cedar!) and the types of installation.

Isn't this a coincidence!   We need a new roof as well, and had no clue where
begin.  We have had some remodeling done in the past, and called that
contractor  with whom we have a great relationship, and in whose skills and
integrity we have knowledge and experience.  He recommended a roofer to us,
and we simply trust that roofer as we did the other contractor. Our estimate
is
$6000 +, depending on what he finds when the  original roofing is stripped
down.  We have flat roofs here in the Southwest, which don't last too long.
There ARE new methods today, and new materials.  But since we cannot
hope to become overnight experts in this field, why not find a trustworthy
other person as we did and have faith!!!
Clare