From: joan carol urquhart <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: TECH: stuff
Date: Saturday, November 13, 1999 12:02 AM

There is a contemporary physicist named Ray Kurzweil who predicted,
"We're going to essentially merge with our computers
...computers are going to become invisible... they''re going to be
microscopic in size...embedded in our clothing, our bodies, our brains."

Kurzweil wrote a book which was published in the winter of 1999 callled The
Age of Spiritual Machines : When Computers Exceed Human Intelligence.

Check out Chapter 6 and scroll down to the heading 'The Age of Neural
Implants Has Already Started' at
http://www.penguinputnam.com/kurzweil/excerpts/chap6/ch6botframe.htm

He is interviewed at
http://www.zinezone.com/zones/digital/multimedia/kurzweil/interview1.html

For what its worth.

Joan U
(who admits she is powerless
and in need of a higher power
and so
is attempting to contact Internetaholics Anonymous
at
1-800-LOGOFFNOWFORPETE'SSAKE)

-