SIR JAMES1st wrote:

> Good day to you Margaret,
>           No I'm not from England Sir JAMES is just a putor user name.I
> would like any info you have on nap attacks. It describes how I feel at
> times. I get this sudden  exhaustion ,my body says you will lay down for ten
> or fifteen minutes or else.. My Doc says it's from the meds., it seems to
> have gotten worse with increase of  med; Requip( 15m.g. ) Also when I get
> real tired or relaxed, I get involuntary muscle movement. my arm will fly
> off or leg.  Weird  feeling when your body does something on its own.

What you're talking about is a kind of fatigue that seems to have got
little attention from the movement disorder and PD scientists until
recently. One of them has called it "pseudo-fatigue". I observed my
own reaction some time before, and conclude that it occurs at a stage
of PD where the chronic supply of dopamine in peripheral systems (e.g.,
muscles) has become too low to sustain any unusual exertion. This is
a signal that the next dose of dopamine-producing medication is overdue,
and accordingly it vanishes quickly on taking that dose (I don't know
about agonists such as Requip, vice levodopa). Note, this is
not ordinary physical exhaustion, where muscle cells are screaming for
nutritive replenishment, nor is it "chronic fatigue syndrome", a quite
different condition. The identifying point is: levodopa=quick fix.
Cheers,
Joe

--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694