>What is the Lee Silverman approach to speech therapy.  Has anyone on the list
>had it?   Did it help?
>
>I am enjoying all the messages on this list.   Keep up your spirits everyone.
>Regards from [log in to unmask]

hi  Bunny- The LST approach is   a type of therapy designed by a spouse of
a parkison's person.  Different  from a  "normal" therapy program in that
certain sounds are not worked on specifically, but rather loud vocal sounds
are taught to be used inthe future, for after a  month long intense program
- 1hr /day for 5 days a week, a person comes away with the
"tools" necessary  to continue at home. I have been doing the LST  at home
for  a yr and a half now, and yes it has helped. good luck to you
 patsy manning