hi all

At 16:10 1999/11/16 -0700, kathrynne wrote, in part:
>I trust you asked for and received Martha's permission to
>'share' her private e-mail to you. If so, that's fine.
>If not, I'm shocked and deeply offended that you would
>make public a private post intended for your eyes only.
>It is a serious breach of net etiquette at the very
>least....

i'm sorry you see it that way
i see it differently

i was shocked and offended by her uninvited e-mail to me

there is no privacy in cyberspace and
no 'laws' governing behaviour

the net is un-controlled
which is why i think of it as a miracle

i have my own standards and try to act upon them
i cannot act according to the standards of others
i don't believe that anyone should

>In any case, I second her sentiments, as well as those of
>Judith Richards. I'm another health professional who seldom
>posts any more, and for the same reasons....

i'm not sure of the focus on health professionals here
do you mean non-parkies?

in any case, i'm sorry you see things in the way you do

i see things differently
but have not criticized [and would not] your actions

>I think it was decidedly unfair to list newcomers
>to bring up your perspective on David Boots yet again,

i'm sorry we can't agree on this
i suppose we will have to agree to disagree...

i felt an obligation [as i explained] to clarify the background
after realizing that david's/greg's devil post
would probably upset quite a few readers

>I have no interest in your Topics or massive listrules
>or any intention of attempting to decipher or apply them...

they are not my rules
they are not imposed on anyone

they are a utility that exists for anyone's optional [as explained] use
as provided for free by the university of toronto

i simply was and am trying to help with the list volume 'problem'
[which i don't see as a problem myself]

if you make the choice not to use them
more power to you, that's the whole point of 'optional'

>and I derive little useful information from the Parkinson
>Information Exchange as it has existed for the past several
>months. ...

i don't understand why not
i think there is as much useful info now as there ever was
and the old info is still in the archives for mining

some of the recent comments from some of the newbies
about how much this list has helped them
have warmed my heart

>I heartily wish the List could return to the way it was when
>Barb Patterson created and ran it; it was a learning, caring,
>sharing experience to which I attempted to contribute and
>which I was most grateful to be allowed to be part of...

again, i'm sorry that i don't understand your premise

the list has provided that experience for me all along

the atmosphere changes as the members change
we all have different needs at different times

to me, the list is not just one person or two people
it is comprised of all of the individual members
i am grateful for them [us] every day

janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset