hi all

At 16:42 1999/11/17 -0200, the other jp wrote:
>Friends, as long religions have been the theme
>lately for so much arguing here is a related
>little story    :-)
>--...
>Brother John entered the 'Monastery of Silence' and the abbot said,
>"Brother, this is a silent monastery, you are welcome here as long
>as you like, but you may not speak until I direct you to do so."
>Brother John lived in the monastery for a full year before the
>abbot said to him:
>"Brother John, you have been here a year now, you may speak two words."
>"Hard Bed." said Brother John.
>"I'm sorry to hear that" the abbot said.  "We will get you a better bed."
>The next year, Brother John was called by the abbot.
>"You may say another two words Brother John."
>"Cold Food." said Brother John, and the abbot assured him that
>the food would be better in the future.
?On his third anniversary at the monastery, the abbot again called
>Brother John into his office.  "Two words you may say today."
>"I Quit." said Brother John.
>"It is probably best." said the abbot.
>"All you have done since you got here is complain."

i had to LOL!
and i'm still grinning!

i've been mulling in general
about complaining that i have done in the past

i think it's part of that insidious negative framework

seeing only what is 'wrong' or *not* working
and seeing only what is *not* being done by those who *should* be fixing it
and taking action *only* in a verbal complaining sense

snap a different lens into the viewer
and
ta-dah!

seeing what *is* working *and* what *is not* working
seeing the reasons *why* in both situations
*participating* in the repair work

janet
who needs new bifocal glasses
maybe with silver frames