     Date: 1997/08/12
     Subj: behaviour and symptoms

     hi all

     in re ... situations where parkies have exhibited behaviour
     that is generally termed 'psychotic' or 'delusional' or ...

     our brain chemistry is a living miracle

     it's a miracle that i can understand the words i'm writing now
     it's a miracle that you can understand the words you're reading now
     let alone all the miracles that took place
     to get from me to you

     if that miraculous brain chemistry 'soup' recipe is out of balance
     we can exhibit a myriad of symptoms:

     tremour
     obsessiveness
     shuffling walk
     hostility
     uncontrollable profanity
     tiny handwriting
     full blown glorious rage
     total withdrawal
     wild dyskinetic movement
     seeing puppies on the kitchen floor
     frozen facial muscles

     the range and breadth of potential symptoms is breath-taking
     and all caused by the recipe being out of balance
     a pinch of something may need increasing here
     a dash of something may need reducing there

     so many of these physical and behavioural symptoms are still tainted
     by the associations in our minds with so-called craziness:
     psychiatric hospital, nut house, loony-bin
     and my all-time favourite
     insane asylum

     but they are all just symptoms
     and indications that the chef has work to do

     yours in nutsiness

     janet

janet paterson
52 now / 41 dx / 37 onset