Now that I have had time to do some investigation into the strange
phenomenon called Dystonia, and have now (for the time being), got
it under control. Some of you may find the following points of use.

1) It is important to emphasize the difference between straight forward
   Cramp and Dystonia; they are VERY different.  Cramp (in my case) occurs
   because I have inadvertantly affected the flow of blood to or from my
   leg(s) by lying with one leg on top of the other -as an example. A semi-
   conscious stretch then rapidly develops into a painfully-knotted muscle
   which can best be sorted out by standing up and walking a few paces.

2) Dystonia, seems to attack when the conditions are similar to those for
   cramp, but can strike at other times as well.

3)  Early postings on this subject referred to  'Peak Dose Dystonia':
    While such a phenomenon may exist, it would never be encountered during
    my testing, because all settings are biased towards finding the minimum
    effective flow, rather than the maximum permissible flow rate.

4)  The key point which makes dystonia different to cramp is that it
    involves groups of muscles of such outlandish combination that their
    selection could only be accomplished in the brain. I thus decided to
    look at the levodopa levels existing in the brain in the early morning
    hours, where the Dystonia was occuring. It was immediately obvious
    that just before waking at about 7;00am my dopamine levels would be
    sinking to just about zero.

5)  I tried adding a tablet (50mg) of Madopar Dispersible when I woke up
    at around 4:00 am (One of several times at which I float up to the
    surface before going back to sleep.)

    The outcome from adding the extra tablet has been an immediate halt
    to the incidents of Dystonia. For the time being, I seem to have
    a cure for my dystonia.

I would like to hear from anyone who tries the 1-shot booster tablet method,
to see how generally the principle applies.

Regards,
--
Brian Collins  <[log in to unmask]>