On 17 Nov 99 at 9:19, Marty Rose wrote:

> I would like to know is there is any treatment for dystonia -medication or
> therapy of some kind?   How do you cope with it?
>
> Marty Rose

Hi Marty,
I don't think there's any easy magic bullet when it comes to meds for
dystonia.... your medical professional needs to determine that.

I have the foot twisting, toes curling under, cramping, type of
dystonia on my PD side.  When this happens I have to stop doin'
whatever I'm doin' and stretch my foot and my achilles and my calf
muscles.

I got the best advice from a physiotherapist who works with more than
a few PWP's and seems more knowledgable than most on Parkinsons.

I hope this is of some help. ............... murray