Jacquelin...I won't even tough the "religion" part of this discussion
because I think it's a personal and private thing but you said ..........."
I find the group
> atmosphere to be so dominated by a few individuals that it
> possesses a kind of philosophical (maybe pseudo religious)
> fervor/flavor that is at times unnerving."

The list  can only reflect those who take the time and effort   to  write to
the list.......some of us have more time than others to do this....and it
does take effort to get a response and reply to that response...and keeep it
going back and forth.....depending on how I feel physically and how I feel
about what's being said and what time I have that particular day, I I write
to the list or just sit back and  read.....and sometimes I delete without
reading when I see the topic......hang in there  .......it's a great group
and I've learned more from them than I have from my doctors.....FWIW
Joan Hartman