If I read and understood this post of Cari's, the question is "Would a
general contractor who explains services for patients or caregivers/family
of patients with Parkinson's have been helpful?"  This gen'l contractor
might be a not-for-profit org volunteer or employee who could guide pwp to
the services that might help pwp cope or better function with PD.

My answer is YES, YES, YES!!!!!  But I don't know of any such contractor
and that is why I attend a support group, belong to PAN, NPF and PIENetwork
and if I could afford it would belong to some more PD orgs.

Question #2:  Do I see many in my area NOT Internet connected who aren't
able to locate needed services?     Since I know employees of the Division
of Family Services, I'm aware of our communities many support services.  In
my own town, I don't know any individuals with Parkinson's.  I have been
very upfront with my employer, my family and friends, my church family and
organizations I belong to about my PD diagnosis and my concern that pd
research be a priority at the federal level and have written letters that
have been published in the local paper.  I have many contacts with senior
citizens but have only had one older neighbor, ever call me and ask how I
was doing with Parkinson's because she thought she might have PD.  I
thought other pwp might call/write me after reading my letters to the
editor or seeing my sorority service committee w/mayor signing the April
Parkinson's Awareness Month proclamation pictured in the newspaper.  I
wonder how many pwp are living in the same town but tell nobody of their
struggles or ask nobody for help.

This is more than you wanted to know.....I got carried away.

Jeanette Fuhr 49/47/44?