adequate and eloquent explaination, Michel.  My dad's not had a major heart
surgery and although he's the cook, nurse, and bottle/clothes washer due to
mom's Alzheimer's, at present he insists things are going OK and he'd
rather keep care of her in their home of 35 years than relocate to the
senior apts not far from their current residence.

The duplex/ apt. requires NO downpayment as it's a rental only and the
neighboring LTC facility dining room allows apt residents to eat there or
to take meals to the individual's apt.  It would mean downsizing and
selling their home and alot of material goods but it would mean less care
of yard, house, etc and also would give them some readily available closeby
neighbors and the medical call button.  Guess when dad's health is not as
good or mother's care is too much for him he may look at things
differently.  I just hate that the tiring, taxing job of 24 hr/7 days a
week caregiver is all my dad has to look forward to in his "golden years".

 I think, too, I fear that my husb may be facing the same type of job in
the future if my  Parkinson's disease progresses and disables me to the
point of depending on him for all my needs.  I suppose that is why our
wedding vows included: "in sickness and in health, til death does us part".
 I know my dad certainly stands by those vows and so do you, Michel.

Thanks for "listening" to my concerns and I sure hope we can meet and/or
visit on the phone when we're in DC area in Jan.  Hope Barbara is still
improving and that you are well.

Jeanette;)