I'm 49, dx 47 and attend sporadically a support group that's about 75 miles
distant.  That group has no one pwp or cg who is in their 40's so I am the
youngest member.  What I find encouraging about the group is the sharing of
concerns and just daily life w/PD and when I have taken political info to
the group like UDALL funding in the form of petitions or letters, most
always seem willing to communicate their support of the increased funding
for pd research but most aren't regularly in touch with their legislature
members.

I was invited to a YoungOnset support group in the city where my mds
practices, but it meets in the early evening and I cann't drive that
far(approx 80 miles one way), sit in a meeting and drive home all in one
day/eve.  I think the younger group addresses diff issues like contining
working w/pd, possibly disability retirements, etc.  Since that doesn't
work for me to attend, this list is my most readily available support group
and to date I've actually met at least 4 list members in person at Pd
symposiums or meetings or when they were driving past my house on way to
vacation in Branson, MO.

I also get support from many friends and family who altho not pwp are also
coping with their own health concerns(breast cancer, lung cancer, etc.)
There are many brave, courageous persons who are successfully living with
the challenges life has given them.

Jeanette Fuhr 49/47/44?

From: Sharon Y Habing <[log in to unmask]> said in part:
Janice
When you are looking for a support group you need to find a Young Onset
Group, although they seem to be few and far between.   Our group does
have a few retired people and a couple who use wheelchairs when
necessary, but we are all young at heart. Our ages range from 26-65 with
a wide range of Parkinson's.