This is my second post about this subject. The previous was Sort of PD - my
opinion only.

I have found that the knowledge gained from reading the meaningful items on
the list has made me confident enough to be proactive (rather than reactive)
in my treatment.
As a result, I started a regime of requip last Saturday in an attempt to wean
off Sinemet as much as possible. This was my suggestion to my neuro, not his
to me. I even brought him a stack of e-mail copies to read to bring him
current (in case he wasn't) but I guess he was because he didn't hesitate.
Second, I have been taking the supplement Coenzyme Q10 as a result of reading
on the list. I told my Neuro I was taking it, told him how much (100 mg/day)
and he said fine. This was about a month ago. A few days ago, someone posted
an innocent one liner about an interesting PD site at NOAH. So I took a look
at it and about an hour and a half later, was scanning a subset on the site
having to do with clinical trials. There I noticed a trial (Phase III) going
on with CO Q10. I felt good that I had been smart enough to glean from
comments on the list that it might have neuroprotective features, but more
importantly, for the first time I got a hint of the quantities which might be
taken. The test is being conducted with different groups at the 300, 600, and
900 mg/day level so I find out that my 100 mg/day is both puny and
inadequate. On the phone I call my neuro, inform him of the study and tell
him I want to increase to 300 mg/day. He says fine! So there I am, proactive
again because of the list info. I guess I'll wait to see more info before
asking to increase to 600 or 900 mg/day and I'm certain the info will appear
in one form or another sooner or later. I'll also have to find a more
economical source for purchasing because at the moment, each 100 mg gel cap
costs about .75 each.

Anyway, sorry to bore you with my stuff. My point is, use the list for
whatever you need it, PD or non-PD.

Paul H. Lauer