janet paterson wrote:
> At 16:10 1999/11/16 -0700, kathrynne wrote, in part:
> >I trust you asked for and received Martha's permission to
> >'share' her private e-mail to you. If so, that's fine.

> there is no privacy in cyberspace and
> no 'laws' governing behaviour

In the United States, the 1978 Copyright Law provides that an individual
holds copyright to written material, whether copyright has been applied
for or not. Thus, it is not 'sharing' but a copyright infringement to
reproduce that person's written material without permission. This
applies to all text, including letters and e-mail posts. Canadian
copyright laws may differ, however.

Best,
Kathrynne