In a message dated 11/17/99 10:52:18 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< the reply post
 to contain at least SOME of the original post being replied.
 I know a lot of you don't copy/paste any but simply hit reply & that leaves
 at lot of people (well I don't think I'm the only one) guessing what the
 brief & vague reply is about. >>

I find these two things irritating:

1. The lack of a clue (as you note here).  "Oh boy, you got that right" loses
something when I have no idea what it was that the person got right.
2. Routinely copying the whole e-mail to which a reply is being made--
sometimes several "piggybacked " at a time.  IMHO, we need fewer words and
more compact information.  The need to wade through several pages is annoying
and makes one wish for less list volume.

It is not difficult to select the words in the text to which you want to
speak:
Here's how:
1. Select the text from the original e-mail
2. Click on reply.  Just the text you selected will appear along with a "so
and so writes " heading.

Yours in adequate brevity,
WHH 56/38/37