Sue,
 I hope things go well for you and your family.  Is your mom in a position to
take care of your dad under "normal" conditions?   Is your dad well enough to
participate in the decision?  Make sure everyone knows you expect this to be  a
temporary arrangement if that is what  you want.

I certainly don't envy you your task,  My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Cathy