In a message dated 11/19/99 10:41:37 PM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 > prone, and have broken my feet 9 times, rt knee, 3 surgeries, rt shoulder

I  have been suffering from an old  "probable rotater injury" which became
a"separated shoulder" when I fell again after back surgery! It then became
"severe arthritis" for which they will only offer me a "shoulder replacement"
which i am postponing as long  as possible. This is the most painful t'hing  I
have ever experienced (after three back surgeries ). At the present time I
am using "celeb0rix"' (anti-inflammatory medication) and when in pain I
alternate
hot  packs followed by ice pack and that usually always relieves the pain.

i have had three back surgeries and a pallidotomy within the last two years
and I don't want to start another recovery period if I can  tolerate the pain.

BY THE WAY 8 WEEKS AFTER PALLLIDOTOMY I  AM:  90% REDUCTION
IN DYSKINESIAS, 50% REDUCTION IN JOINT STIFFNESS AND PAIN.
SO, THE PALLIDOTOMY WAS THE  "BEST THING I EVER DID" (AT LEAST
IN THE LAST 'FEW YEARS"

CAROL GR;AY