Hello everyone,

We have learnt many nice and useful things on this list for a long time.
I took a break and joined the list again. It is a great support for all
the people who have PD or their relations. In this letter I would like
to say hello to you all and ask a question.
I am from Turkey and my father, who is 68, has had PD for eight years
and he has been using Madopar and Dopergine since then. We have come to
a stage that we are having problems with his medication. A little bit
much of it causes some side effects- dyscinesia, and less of it causes
stiffness and slowness and this goes on and off all day long with jerky
movements. He says that he is not satisfied with it anymore. His doc.
suggested that he change Madopar into Etacapone which is a new drug from
Germany. He says that this one is effective for a much longer period
with much less side effects. Have any of you used this and have you had
any bad side effects? It is called Etacapone. One or two letters of it
may be different in different countries. Since we don't know much about
this drug, we are hesitating.
Before his starting this medicine, we really would like to learn as much
as possible. I will appreciate any info that you can give about this.

Best Regards

Yesim