David Barthuli wrote:

> Marty described the symptoms very well... it's as though an unbearably heavy
> weight has been placed on my right shoulder, that eventually  succeeds in
> pulling me over... frequently to the point of falling out of armless chairs.
> It also feels as though the seat I'm sitting on is terribly uneven, i.e.,
> much lower on the right side than the left. I have "zero" strength in either
> my torso or my right arm to restore myself to a normal upright posture. If
> seated at the computer, I frequently find myself very painfully propped up
> on my right forearm. As one can imagine, the symptoms are especially
> disconcerting if they occur while I'm driving.
>
> My wretched body is resplendent with numerous Sinemet induced dystonias

David's and Marty's latest posts shed some new light on this painful
problem. I often wondered why Marty couldn't seem to just use an arm
to prevent falling to one side when seated, and David explained that.
As for Sinemet either causing or relieving that special type of
dystonia, it might be worthwhile to run a formal controlled trial, if
one tolerable to the subjects could be devised. It occurs to me that
the failure of dystonia to be mentioned in the Sinemet product
description as an adverse reaction might be because it occurs too
late in PD to have been seen in the initial trials of Sinemet. Cheers,
Joe

--
J. R. Bruman   (818) 789-3694
3527 Cody Road