-----Original Message-----
From: janet paterson <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, November 16, 1999 3:09 AM
Subject: FWD: FYI: Greg Sterling <[log in to unmask]> left the PARKINSN
list

>>Greg  Sterling  <[log in to unmask]>  signed  off  the  PARKINSN  list
on
>>1999-11-16 at 00:25:20.

   Greg did not ask David's permission to send the post to the list. He
has apologized to David and (I guess) subsequently signed off, though I
don't think that was necessary. He is a PWP and needs our help, too.

    I really have to wonder if it was necessary to go into such detail
about David's past history with the list and his past history with a
list member of which I am well aware.

    This same list member thought nothing of sending a post mocking
(tho' it was supposed to be seen as funny) two other list members, me
being one of them, who were trying to deal with PD, at that particular
time, on an emotional level.

    David did cause quite a kefuffle before he signed off the list, but
as I recall, it was over much the same situation that we have
experienced this past week. A number of people persisting in continuing
a debate/discussion ad nauseam.

    I sent the following to Dennis Greene yesterday...

Dennis,

    As usual, you have eloquently voiced the thoughts of many on the
list. IMO, the list became a "dour, forbidding place" quite some time
ago, which is the reason I seldom post anymore (other than the news
items that I find).

    I remember "A Terrible Beauty" and the quiet heroes you mention. The
'quiet heroes' still abound, but I believe most of them have retreated
to lurk-mode, and write privately to one another and/or to others whom
they feel they can help. It defeats the purpose of the list but it's
safer that way.

>This list has been a positive place in the past - it can be so again in
the future - all it takes is for each one of us to decide to make it so
and then actually taking personal responsibility for the outcome.<

    There was a time when I could believe this but unfortunately I'm not
so sure anymore.
Judith
~~~~
Judith Richards, London, Ontario, Canada
                          ^^^^
                           \ /
                         \  |  /   Today’s Research
                         \\ | //         ...Tomorrow’s Cure