Hi, all...while I understand that the idea of contributing money to ease
Ivan's problems comes from the overwhelming generosity of the members of
this list, I really think it isn't a very practical idea.  It may
jeopardize Ivan's eligibilty for whatever income he has now.  Also, there
is a fee for cashing a cheque from a U.S. bank, in U.S. dollars here in
Canada....so the bookkeeping aspect of it would be a nightmare.  If the
cheques are made out to Janet, it might compromise her eligibility for
financial support.  All in all, I think it best to keep money matters
(other than urging (nagging?) for research dollars) completely off the list.
Of course, if you wish to contribute...perhaps privately...off the
list..would be better.

 Please make any phone calls, write letters in support of Ivan...but
please don't involve the list in any donations of money.

Barb

Barbara Patterson                               [log in to unmask]
HSC 2J22                                        905-525-9140, ext. 22403
                        School of Nursing