hi all

At 03:05 1999/11/24 -0500, greg sterling appears to have wrote:
>I think we'd be better off keeping the donations to Ivan in the
>USA.  Agree on a mail location and send cash, no checks, no
>money orders, cash only. Then the collector would FedEx the total
>amount in cash to Ivan. No fuss, no muss.  For all anyone knows
>he found it in an old shoebox he'd forgotten about.
>Any thoughts?
>Greg

i have lotso thoughts, greg
but i'd best edit them for the children's sake

first of all!
did you not realize that repeating
the entire message and/or message thread
to which you are replying
is considered very very bad netiquette?
and also very very rude too?

my goodness!
when i take a look at all of your posts
[so many in such a short time]
[mostly one-liner replies]
[and with no personal information either]

guess what?
the total gross [no pun intended!] volume of your posts comes to 183K!!!
but when the unnecessary duplications and repetitions are removed,

guess what?
the net volume of your posts comes to 44k!!!

now, how is all that wasted bandwidth going to help us parkies?

ooops, i got off on a tangent, didn't i?

back to the matter at hand:

your 'brainstorm' of sending cash to ivan really takes the cake
what else can i say?
except wonder out loud
whyfor this apparently deliberate continuing obfuscation?

[i bet steve knows the answer to this one!]

like i said before
actions speak louder than mere words

words and wordskill are simply tools
like a sharp sabatier knife
or a fast maserati automobile

they can be used to slash and maim and invoke terror
or
they can be used to carve exquisite radish rose poems

they can be used for racing away from responsiblity; from facing the music
or
they can be used to transport a suffering sibling to safety

during the eleven years that i have known this pd companion of mine
i have 'stumbled accidentally' into this gift of words

it's my choice as to how i make use of it
yours too

no condemnation
just pointing out what i see as a loss of direction
in the hope that y'all can find your way back

janet
all alone
but never lonely

janet paterson