Good morning from Lotus Land.
The subject of lurking has come up a number of times, and yes it connotes
something not very nice.
I am a lurker and make no bones about it.
I see no reason to clutter the list with meaningless chatter just to avoid
the taint of lurkerism. If I cannot contribute something meaningful, then I
keep quiet.
That ninety-five percent of the postings come from five percent of the
members is something I recognize and have no war with. And that ninety-five
percent of the postings will hold little of interest, I also accept. But I
hang in there, downloading and deleting hundreds of pieces, because now and
then a gem of information surfaces that benefits my wife who is a PD
sufferer--and that's why I joined the list in the first place.
I am not a medical person, nor am I skilled in caregiving; I am just a
husband reaching out for any straw, no matter how small, that will ease the
burden of PD on my wife and myself.
So I am not ashamed of being a lurker. I intend keeping right on lurking.
And if by chance I come upon a piece of information that I think will
benefit someone, I will certainly share it, but I won't engage in chatter
just for the sake of chattering.
Paul.