Date sent:              Mon, 22 Nov 1999 23:25:46 -0500
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   Ivan M Suzman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                thanks, but .....
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> What I have asked the City for , many times,is what I am wondering about.
>  COuld the City of Portland "hire" me to work for its health department ,
> its social services department, or its school department, in EXCHANGE for
> my property tax?

This has been suggested as a way for the City of San Francisco to
help the many homeless who crowd our streets, but it doesn't work
because the *unions* won't allow it.  If the City can get people to
work for them at "less than the union rate", the unions will suffer, so
they have blocked this sort of thing (actually in the courts).

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  <http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/>

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"