George Hough wrote:

> I am very confused at this moment.  I thought this list was to help people
> with PD...to support and answer questions.  If this is not the case please
> advise. I am new this week and really do not need to spend important time
> sifting through arguments and insults.  I'm finding this experience more
> distressing than helpful.. should I leave the list?

George, you need not leave the list because it can offer quite a lot that may be
very useful to you.  You just have to be judicious in your reading.  I expect
you do not read every bit of the NY Times, it would take hours.  Well, this is
basically a similar situation. You do not normally harangue with your newspaper
editor, and neither need you do that here.  Get the information you want and
then you can participate or ignore the rest of it. It was and can be a very good
list.
Michel