George: Absolutely do not leave the list. Over time you will learn enough to
make you as comfortable as is possible with this miserable disease and you
will learn more about meds and treatment options and new thinking and
preparing for the worst should it happen, then you could ever find out any
other way. I probably was the genesis of the incident which caused you to ask
this question; that is an attempt, out of compassion, to help Ivan out of his
dilemma. I am not old on the list myself so I knew little of Ivan's history
or of previous discussions about helping Ivan. I believe I am a successful,
mature, reasoning and caring adult. Nonetheless, I received for my effort a
dressing down in language which seemed to presume I was a moron; an event
which was both distressing and grossly insulting at the same time. Rather
than reply immediately (which would have been disastrous, I'm sure), I
decided to sleep on it and although I was still somewhat agitated the next
morning, I decided not to reply and just continue to extract from the list
what was valuable to me and not post any more to avoid a similar result.
Well, here I am posting despite my resolve and it is obvious to me that I
still harbor resentment for what I consider to be an unwarranted deprecation,
because if I didn't, I would have let the subject go. Perhaps I'll feel
better now that I said it, and if that reason for saying it bothers some,
well, sorry. Anyway, stay on the list. I wrote a longish post on this subject
not too long ago which had to do with becoming proactive in your treatment
rather than just waiting for your Neuro to know enough or care enough to make
new suggestions. You can get this kind of knowledge and attitude by staying
on the list. If you read enough posts, you'll discover that the same person
who was a boor in one post, and a shrew in another, will post three gems in a
row. Maybe its the disease speaking from time to time.

Paul H. Lauer 62/61