List members,
Here are some things to consider when including the

1.  If only a small portion of the previous posting is
relevant to your reply ---- delete the rest of the
message.

2.  If you do not include the previous posting when you
reply, your message may make no sense at all unless the
reader ready the initial posting.  On any list,
especially one as large as the PD list, it is very
possible to miss an original posting by an inadvertent
deletion or because of an email transmission error.
(Also, in the case of a major listserv breakdown like
this past weekend when many of us got unsubscribed.)

3.  I personally feel that it makes list use much easier
if replies are typed BEFORE the previous message (as
this one is).  Those that are familiar with the thread
can then read the message without scrolling through all
the previous message/s.  For those that are NOT familiar
with the thread --- the previous messages are available
at the bottom if they need to get "up to speed".

4.  Change the Subject line if you are replying to a
specific portion of the previous posting (such as this
case) where the previous Subject is no longer
appropriate.

This statement from the Knights offered me an
opportunity respond to a subject that I feel needs our
attention.

Paul Fahr