 Ivan Suzman        49/39/36       [log in to unmask]   :-)
 Portland, Maine    land of lighthouses        45  deg. F   :-)
I am still not convinced of the supposed liver-death association of
Tasmar,
but at the same time, I am very concerned  to be well-informed.   Janet
wrote , in an excellent summary about Comtan and Tasmar, that:

> no liver problems have been reported with comtan this is the major
>advantage

I still hold in reserve any negative judgement about Tasmar,
and its putative association with liver damage.

Can anyone  please corroborate this information about Tasmar and Comtan?

I understand from a  probably reliable source inside Roche that there
is an important bit of information that is not generally known.

The Roche source said that all three possibly Tasmar-related
deaths from fulminant hepatitis were in women in their 70's
with osteoporosis. Did they have pre-exisitng liver weaknesses?

Is there a relationship between the liver and osteoporosis?

Is there any strong reason why Tasmar continues to be banned
in Europe and (is this right?) difficult to access in Canada unless
ordered by a qualified physician?  Is is banned in Australia and
New Zealand?

I continue to stand  by Tasmar, because with me, at least,
it helps extend the length of my on- times.  Its half-life is
4to 6 hours (I think this is  considerably longer than Comtan's),
and it crosses the blood-brain barrier.  Unlike
Tasmar, Comtan is not , as far as I know, able to cross the blood-brain
barrier,
so  it cannot act against Catechol O'Methyl Transferase
(COMT) in the nerve-cell to nerve-cell transport environment
within the brain.

Please comment and correct any errors.  Thank you.

Ivan
:-)