Greetings to all...

I was shopping for food in a local grocery store  recently.   I had
aproached the cashier and was watching her as she rung up my purchases.  It
caught my eye that she had posted a poem on the side of her cash register.
This is what it said...

JUST FOR LAUGHS

So far today,
I've done alright.
I haven't gossiped.
I haven't lost my temper.
I haven't been greedy,
grumpy, nasty, selfish or overindulgent.

But in a few minutes, God
I'm  going to get out of bed
and from then on
I'm probably going to need
a LOT of help.
AMEN

When I asked her where she got this poem, she told me
that her therapist at her cancer clinic had given it to her
after one of her regular chemotherapy treatments.

I read this on a day that I had learned that a family member was trying to
legally usurp my mother of a rightful inheritance
which she deserves and needs
in order to live out her pd days in relative comfort.

Somehow this poem, the cashier's good humour amidst her physical ailments
and the following humourous PIEN post from a few weeks past, have lightened
my cg load considerably.

To one particular list member,
your posts  are always informative and/or humourous
and for that I am thankful
( if that's what you can do with acronyms, I'd love to see what you can do
with a spell checker).

Joan
( a proud Canadian lurker, always in search of humour that heals)

From: Murray
Date: Monday, November 15, 1999

I'm ONWBB.  FYI,   IMHO   &   IME,   IDK   but   DITY   OTTOMH   MBG
is that  IRL   WRT  " AND"   AFAIK   it's   ADN,   WFM.

IOOH,   IOW   TAFN,   CUL,   TTFN....    WYSIWYG...   2MSA

... FWIW  I know I  should   GAL.        AMTG ..............a  PITB murray